Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lucky Again...

I thought once was my limit but who knew? I have been lucky enough to be drawn again for a permit to view bears at McNeil River State Game Sanctuary and Refuge. You don't know how excited I am! I will be joining two of my best buddies and the biologists at the refuge to walk among, observe and photograph some of the most beautiful, mature brown bears in Alaska.

Alaska here I come! I have already purchased the current Photo-ID spiral book to study the bears before I arrive in anticipation of coming home with the best photographs I possibly can. Today I will be coordinating details, reviewing my journal from our 2009 trip and booking travel arrangements.

Anyone interested in learning more about McNeil River Bears can check out the book The Way of the Grizzly by Tom Walker, visit Friends of McNeil River at http://www.mcneilbears.org/ or read Moose Peterson's BT Journal Volume 13.2. And watch my posts!

Subscribe to this blog and you will receive email updates when a new entry is posted! It is easy, just type your email address in the box in the upper right hand corner and submit! Thank you for following! Go one more step and "Like" me on Facebook too! You won't be disappointed.

Sandy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment